Merry Christmas Eve, Ladies!!
I'm sitting here, sipping my coffee, eating dutch muffins (not sure what they really are, my mother in law made them, but they are addicting), watching the snow fall, and reflecting on all I have to be thankful for this holiday season. Here is just a short list:
1. I am thankful for all of you. My little custom-order Etsy shop has become something I could have never envisioned when I began my Western chic journey. I am referring to so much more than purchases, but instead to the many friendships I have made through Rural Haze. Whether it was a simple email, phone conversation or meeting in person, each of you have touched me in such a wonderful way.
2. I am thankful for my husband, Peter. While I am warm, sitting inside writing this blog, he is out in the 6 inches of snow we got last night, spreading more straw for the cows so they can stay cozy.
3. I am thankful that even though I physically left CA, that it still only feels like a few hours away. It still feels like home, and I'm sure, will for a while.
4. A simple follow-up to #3; I am thankful for all of the new relationships I have made in Idaho and for my in-laws who have truly made me a part of their family.
5. I am thankful for Flying M Coffee in downtown Nampa, ID and their peanut butter and chocolate Krispy Treats. If you've ever had them, you likely agree with me in the fact that they deserve to be on this list.
6. Last, but not least: I am thankful someone had a different plan than I. Peter and I are expecting our first child on our 1st wedding anniversary (to the day- not kidding). Not the quite a few years in we had planned on, but now that the reality has really sunk in, it's a little less scary and more exciting. Don't get me wrong, I'm still terrified, but I figure our dog has turned out ok...?
Wishing you and yours a Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I hope during your time with loved ones, you laugh until you have to pee, get at least one super too-long awkward hug, no coal in your stocking and sore cheeks on Dec. 26th from smiling so much in the previous days.